Activate your account
After registering, you will receive an activation email at the email address you entered during registration. Select the link in the email to activate your account.
If you don't see the activation email in your email inbox, the following reasons could be why.
- There was a typo or error in the email address when you registered.
- For some reason, you might not have successfully registered an account.
- The automated activation email message was caught by your spam filter.
- Your email provider might have blocked the automated email message.
To resolve these, try these steps.
- Check your spam or junk mail folder for an email from firstname.lastname@example.org
- Add email@example.com to your email contacts or approved senders list.
- Try registering again with the same email address. If the account already exists, you'll see an error indicating that there is a duplicate email address.
- From the log in page, click Forgot my password. The password reset message will activate your account.
Change your password
To change your password, please follow these steps:
- At the top of any page, select the dropdown menu icon next to your username.
- Select Account
- Select Reset Your Password
- The platform will send a confirmation message to the email address in the Email Address field.
- Select the confirmation link in the email message.
Passwords must contain:
- At least 8 characters
- At least 1 numeric character
- At least 1 alphabetical character
If you cannot sign in to your account, click "Need help logging in?" then enter your registered email. A password reset message will then be sent you your email address.
Resolve a sign-in problem
I am having login problems or forgot my password.
If you are unable to login or see an Email or password is incorrect message, make sure that the email address you entered is the one that you registered for your Geoscience Online Learning Initiative account.
If you continue to see this message, you can select Forgot password and enter the email address you used to sign up with Geoscience Online Learning Initiative to receive a password reset email. You'll receive a password reset email from firstname.lastname@example.org.
Issues with resetting your password
If you entered your email address under Password assistance on the 'Need Help Logging in?' form but have not received an email message with a link to reset your password, check for these common problems:
- Did you enter the same email address that you used to register your Geoscience Online Learning Initiative account? Reset messages are sent only to registered email addresses.
- Is your email address entered correctly? Check for errors and try again.
- Did you check your spam message folders? Check your spam folder for a message from email@example.com. If the message is not there, try adding firstname.lastname@example.org to your contacts or your approved senders list, and then reset your password again.
- Did you delete your account? It will not be possible to regain access to a deleted account.
- Did you complete the account registration process for Geoscience Online Learning Initiative? To check, try registering again with the same email address. If the account does exist, a message will indicate that you entered a duplicate email address.
- Check that your browser is set to enforce https-only connections. Under the Privacy section of your settings, enable the https-only mode.
If you are using Chrome: Under Settings -> Privacy & Security -> Advanced: Enable the Always use secure connections setting.
If you are using Mozilla / Firefox: Under Settings -> Privacy & Security -> scroll to the bottom of the page to the HTTPS-Mode section, and enable the Enable HTTPS-Only Mode in all windows setting.
If you continue to have issues, or have an issue not listed here, please contact us the Geoscience Online Learning Initiative support team by sending an email to email@example.com.
Manage your account settings
How do I change my Geoscience Online Learning Initiative account settings?
To change or view your account details click the arrow next to your username in the top corner and choose Account
In the Account profile you can update:
- Your full name
- Your email address
- Your password
- The language used on the platform
- Your country or region where you live
- Your local timezone
- Your social media accounts linked to your profile
- Additional demographic information
You may also request that Geoscience Online Learning Initiative account and data be deleted by clicking Delete my account in your Geoscience Online Learning Initiative account settings. Please note that deletion of your account and personal data is permanent and cannot be undone. Your account will not be able to be recovered, including the data that is deleted. It also will not be possible to open a new Geoscience Online Learning Initiative account with the same email address or username.
How do I delete my Geoscience Online Learning Initiative account and personal data?
You may request that Geoscience Online Learning Initiative account and data be deleted by clicking the arrow next to your username in the top corner and choosing Account Then, scroll to the bottom of the Account information page to the Delete My Account section. Read the information in the sectin prior to selecting the Delete My Account button.
Please note that deletion of your account and personal data is permanent and cannot be undone. Your account will not be able to be recovered, including the data that is deleted. It also will not be possible to open a new Geoscience Online Learning Initiative account with the same email address or username.